Sunday, March 18, 2007

just waiting for the ax to fall...


I'm good. I feel good. All is well. This is unusual.

So I keep waiting for the ax to fall. I can't help it. It's in my nature. Just as when something terribly "wrong" happens, I brace myself for the storm. Life has taught me so. I'm seldom wrong... about this.

I am an avid proponent of the self-fulfilling prophecy. There's not a doubt in my mind that we somehow carve our own paths, make our own beds... in a most underhanded manner... betraying ourselves at every step.

Paris Hilton is a dope. No doubt about that. But she lives by the rule of self-importance. It's all attitude. Act like a queen and you will be one. Yes, it helps to have millions or billions of benjamins in the account, but... she speaks the truth. We see it all around us every day — that plump little number parading her handles across the beach like a goddess. Tell me men don't want to tap that ass? Tell me women don't envy — or wish to get some, too. What do you think all the cattiness is about? Why should a little bit of excess body flow oozing out of a bikini bother us so? Envy, I tell you. Envy. It's not injustice. What do we care about injustice? We prove that every day.

I've gone astray. So... walk in the shoes of a goddess and ye shall be one. Walk in the shoes of a fart and ye shall stink.

Me, I walk in shoes that hurt my little toes.

(whatever that means...)

4 comments:

La Espia T. said...

Dear God, I was hoping those pics of me would never surface!!! Ha ha j/k. That could never be me (my hair is waaay darker ;)

I loved this post. It's a "ponder" post. I also like that you would lie to me and make me feel like I could prance around in a bikini and as long as I swagger convincingly I'll be ok. That the glares will be ones of envy and not disgust.

This post reminds me of a line in an Ani Difranco song "32 Flavors"

"God help you if you are a phoenix
and you dare to rise up from the ash,
a thousand eyes will smolder with jealousy
as you are just flying there"

Anonymous said...

"Just flying past..."

I've kind of had it up to here, though, with the Goddess references. Knock it off.

Anonymous said...

I can't help it, Maria. That stripper lady go me in touch with my inner goddess. Ok, not really.. she just got the damned idea stuck in my head or something.

Espia T, it's no lie. You look beautiful when you swagger. (and even when you don't sometimes)

Anonymous said...

Waiting for the axe to fall- I have a friend who says he uses the power of negative thinking. Remember Norman Vincent Peale's Power of Positive Thinking? Probably not; you're so young, and beautiful. The friend says if you think of the terrible things that could happen, you're ready for anything. I think they're both full of shit. I want to live somewhere in the grey area. I'm fine with that.