Friday, November 03, 2006

Can you do the casual thang with an ex? I don't know. But it sure seems like you should be able to. I mean, hell.. you know all there is to know at this point.. if nothing else it's bound to be a good source of sex and fun. No?

Unfortunately, relationships are best without the expectations. I've always done a pretty good job at limiting my expectations anyhow. The most I expect is a little bit of commitment to the time at hand... in other words, engagement... authenticity. I mean if you're not going to be there, why be there? That's all.

I am a riot when I'm just having fun. Really I am. But as soon as I'm pigeonholed into some kind of fucked up role play, that's it. The fun is over. Nobody can role play like me, baby. You turn me into the naggy wife, hell.. I'll play it out better than your mother. But please don't pigeonhole me. I hate to be forced into a role. I depise it like nothing else.

So.. now... I'm just me. Role playing into an endless male fantasy. No, not the blonde kind with the big titties and fuck-me red lipstick that never smears. The too cool to care kind. Yes, that's the kind you like. Isn't it? Now.. I just have fun. I'm "light" girl. Yeah. Nothing can shake me. I don't care what you're thinking. I don't want to hear about your exes, your girlfriends, your mom. I don't need for you to tell me how you feel. I don't want to have anything defined, except my figure, baby. And I want some time to miss you, so please go away. You don't have to spend the night. Hell, I don't want you to hold me. Not unless you need to, baby. Not unless you need someone to hold. And then I'll go away again. When you are done.

Don't send me flowers. Forget about the little things. They don't matter anyway. It's not the details, or even the big things. It's the now. That's all I care about. Touch me. Touch me if you want to. Bend me over. Push me down. I push back. If you want. Only if you want.

I don't want you to come to my Christmas party. I don't need any company to my sister's wedding. And I always do my grocery chopping alone.

Don't take out my garbage. Don't rub my shoulders when they hurt. I don't care about those things. Just let me be.

I am easy girl. Fly, be free.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you have a casual thang with an ex???

I believe the answer to that is yes... and no...

You can have a casual thang resulting from very sporadic and fortuitous encounters that lead naturally to bed... have had two or three of those in my life... never more than once with each co-protagonist, though... and I think that last statistic is significant. I do not recall those incidents to have created any harm for any of the involved parties.

What will definitely NOT work is trying to establish a casual relationship in lieu of the deep and binding relationship that is desired but somehow not possible. This last one will only result in producing a gradual crescendo of pain, disenchantment and suffering that will reach a fortissimo of such power that it could blow off the roof of the concert hall... if you know what I mean... which I think you do...

I know it is tempting to try to fool yourself... but please don't...

La Espia T. said...

prislander, you are obviously a profound and brilliant man. At least on the internet anyways. (Yes, that still counts as a compliment!;)

Too bad I was never good at taking good advice.

Hulles said...

I think it's possible to have a casual thing with an ex that remains casual -- after a whole lot of time has gone by and everyone has healed. In a sense I'm echoing prislander.

Regarding the rest of your entry, I know you're being cynical, but (if you ask me, which you haven't) I think you need to be more demanding, not less. That is, fuck what someone else wants, go for what you want. And what you want is hopefully not the obliteration of your identity. It should be nurtured, not trampled. Okay, I'll shut up now....