Friday, December 01, 2006

stupid girly shit

http://net.art-generator.com/src/imgs.html

This might be the beginning of a series of gender-based rants. [[Yes, that's my way of avoiding the word "feminist."]]

Despite my daily inclinations to post about the injustices of being a woman (ha!), I have done everything in my power to avoid the topic head-on.

But.. I'm through with that.

I AM a woman. [[Sorry, is that news to you?]] And as much as I may try to avoid it, this blog is clearly representative of that. Hell, your comments are representative of that. And I am contantly confronted with what this means — what it means to be a woman. And maybe what it means to be me.

This is all quite ironic actually.

You see... I don't understand women. I really don't understand woman... or at least often. I seem to be made of something else — other than the vile sugar and spice that doesn't seem to have anything to do with being nice.

So.. I am going to bitch about stereotypes [[as much as we may trust them]]. I am going to say that they're not fair. And I am going to re-enforce them simultaneously. Ouch!

Please tell me this.

Why is that no matter what horrible terrible things a man does, as soon as a woman opens her mouth to complain about it, she's the nagging bitch? Why is that?

Why is it that women aren't funny? No really. They're not. Well, ok. I know that's not exactly true. Of course, I know that. But... women aren't funny. No really.

There are funny women. Yes. Some. A few. And women can make you laugh. They can even do it often. But.. they're not funny. Come on.. you know exactly what I mean. Why is that?

I'm from Puerto Rico. When we talk about Puerto Rico (we being anyone at all, really), we often talk about
machismo. Hmmm.. Fine. Whatever.

But, people, I gotta tell you... I have NEVER experienced the blatant sexism I'm experiencing here in Minnesota lately. Ouch. Never. And the sad part is how absolutely engrained it all is. People don't even see it. They don't even care. Ouch. Whatever. I'm just a whiny bitch.

Why is it that we assume men will use any excuse to escape their "bitches," while the bitches just latch on? Why is that? Why? And why do the bitches just latch on?

Shit, man, let them fly. Here, let me show you the door.

Don't trip over your ego on the way out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sing it.

SING. IT.

Jenifer said...

When I first started dating again many of my clients would tell me to never be funny on a date. They would say that men don't like funny women. I don't understand that. I think a sense of humor is a great characteristic. But maybe I'm just biased because I'm so fucking hilarious...

Jenifer said...

Why, Prislander, I'm so flattered. I love it when men focus on my...jokes.