Friday, December 01, 2006

examine your scenario


I’m an adult. I’m not a kid. You won’t get penalized for one mistake, one misunderstanding, one act that lacks consideration. But you’ll be called on in the muck. Acts accumulate. Slaps add up. And ceaseless jabs demand attention.

Examine your scenario.
I'll examine mine.

You make plans. You fail to mention plans. You mention plans at a distant moment, cleverly or unknowingly phrasing the question as a negative – you’re not coming are you? You adopt reason – which is not your forte – and an understanding air. “I’ll understand if you don’t come.” You spend the night attending to old woes and beating on your phone. You claim incomprehension, say you cannot think, and take the offered out when it is offered. [[And it is always offered.]] But first you establish the break in plans. [[I take the bait and bail.]] You give more reasons. I cringe at the excuses, always seeing options you ignore. “Have fun.” “I’ll call you tomorrow.” ‘Goodbye.”


3 comments:

Unknown said...

And where does that get us? Just recently you were telling me that I can be bitter and catty if I want, but the key is in not showing it. Really, D? Is that the key? Because it doesn't seem to get anyone anywhere. We suffer in this noble silence, like martyrs, and yet we still get treated like fools. Is the peace really worth more than our honesty?

Dulcinea said...

You are absolutely right, my sex-starved friend. Absolutely right. I do not pretend to heed my own advice. I only know the advice seems sound and comes from the right place.

Dulcinea said...

Here.. on this page.. I do not offer advice. I only offer truth.