Thursday, October 05, 2006

Do not. Do. Not do.

Do not minimize it. Do not use it To support generalizations, Pains and scars That you only see Reflected In this mirror. Look only in this mirror When you look at it at all. Do not diminish it, reduce it To a shadow Of some larger truth. You abuse it, Use it For a faulty purpose. It has no purpose. It has no moral, no lesson, no explanation, no reason. It just is. That is the beauty. Hold it. No matter where or how it unfolds. Hold it. Don’t force meaning on beauty. Don’t rape beauty with significance. Ravage it. Hold it. Consume it. Be consumed by it. Hold it. Suck it. Avail yourself of it… For what it’s worth, For all it’s worth – Its beauty.

What are the fears, The real fears? What are the needs, Those that are real Rather than self-imposed or habituated? You have the love. You will not lose it. You have the affections And the intimacy. You have the desire And the reciprocity. You have all of me As an abstract notion and a promise in my eyes. You have as much hope as you feel comfortable with And as little obligations as you need.

What more could you want? What could be as honest and as noble in the end? What could better nurture faith?

Shit happens for a reason,
Perhaps.

Everything ends, but sometimes you end first.
It’s a fact.

In the end, the things that matter Are the ones that move you. In the end, the things that move you Cease to move.

But we must yet be moved. We are compelled to it. We need it. We demand it. We need our morsels, Our food, our fuel, Our purpose.

In the end, We just don’t know What petition moves us, Or if we simply move ourselves.

Faith is a difficult word. Have faith in someone. Have faith in something. But how do we pledge faith In ourselves?

This does not define us. In the end It can only add form To that which we already are. This does not define anything. Nothing but itself, If that. Do not abuse it. Do not use it To define anything. Do not cut away at it For scraps To feed anything But the hunger By which it’s yet provoked.

I do not exist in scraps. I am whole. I give you all Or nothing, Though it may feel like nothing In the end. I give you all, Though I may not complete the play. I give you all, Though I run scared away, Always looking over my shoulder. I give you all, Though you may lament my absence, Though you may resent my presence. I give you all To fill you so completely While your hands are yet so empty, Empty so that you may reach out And grab for what you want, Anything you want, Despite my hands, Which reach for you. I do not restrict. I do not define. And I decry your definitions. But I give you all, All that I can, All that I am, All that I can give. I give you all.

Take all of me. Do not reduce me. Do not restrict me. Do not condemn me to an unbefitting box. Do not categorize or define me by convention Or by perfidious postulations. Do not… Or do not take me.

Do not formulate. Do not extract. Do not expect. But do take this for granted: You have all of me, In whatever form that may be.

Do not concern yourself with form. Respect mere function. Respect form Only as it feeds you Function. And when it fails to feed you, Stroll away.

Do not taunt me with farewells, With reason, Or with cant. Do not define the dearth, And please do not recant That which has passed.

All is as much as you let it be. And in the end, That’s all we have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that is a load of shittttt.
Are you joking?

Anonymous said...

Really? A load of shit? Perhaps. But I certainly wasn't joking. I was just ranting and rambling as I do so often -- perhaps in some kind of drug-induced stupor, but i doubt it.