Thursday, October 05, 2006

I once heard someone say that what defines blogging is its many layers of linkage, its ability for direct references which can subsequently be explored by the reader (assuming one has readers). As such, I have yet failed to blog and will now make my first attempt.

The world is far too small. Yes, trite, but indeed true.

While I do not care to reveal personal facts about myself, I find at present that making my point is more important.

I have recently come out of a difficult longterm relationship. And as those who have done so know, it can be quite unpleasant to cross paths with a recent ex too often. What is too often? That's a personal matter. For me, it means at all.

Yet I am finding the world a bit too wee and strange coincidences far too creepy. I am also finding that mnspeak can be a dangerous place to be.

On Tuesday, I was commenting on a Haunted House thread, when some guy named taulpaul asked me if I knew Q. (There, I said his name.) Clearly, I logged out immediately, without responding.

Then, today, some guy named Sam left an odd comment on my blog, something about calling his own blog "Q-full" — whatever that means. I believe this Sam to be the same Sam I talked to on mnspeak another day on an issue of public morality. It was quite curious, in fact. He claims to have a relationship with Baron Samdi, otherwise known as Papa Gede. Interesting. I have yet to meet anyone in Minnesota who knows anything to speak of about Iwa, or Lukumi, or Voudon. But let me not digress. The point is, after a bit of investigation, I have discovered that he is, in fact, Q's new roommate! Jesú!

Yes, the world is much to small. And while I regret that I will now never sit down with this interesting fellow and hear his thought on the mighty Baron, I fear far more the isolation which I must endure in order to avoid hearing of this ever-elusive, thoroughly-pervasive ex.

Oy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

As an acquaintance of both of you, I have to ask: Do you read Q's blog? Because it probably isn't helping matters if you do.

Or is this the first you've heard of it. In which case, uh, forget I said anything...

Sam Carr said...

I won't bring him up again. But we met through an acquaintant on MnSpeak, so it'snot surprising we all sort of know each other.

Sam Carr said...

Oh, and that was meon MnSpeak talking about Baron Samedi. Which reminds me -- I must go get some rum and cigars.

Dulcinea said...

Blog? Oy!

Dulcinea said...

Please, I really don't mean to be rude. At all. But I'd really rather not know...

Anonymous said...

You're the one who named your blog after him.

Dulcinea said...

Shit! You're right. I'm a total idiot.

OK.OK. But let's just look at the whole picture. It's called Q-less, and while one might argue that presense is defined by absence, and vice versa, the idea is that this blog be precisely that.. Q-less. At present, there is nothing Q-less about it.

Hey, Matty, how about you just ditch that lovely girlfriend of yours and make me forget all about Q yourself. ;-)

Hulles said...

Who knew you knew about voodoo? Let's talk about that sometime (seriously).

Anonymous said...

Wrong hemisphere, for starters, D. Though we do certainly share a certain cynical temperament.

Dulcinea said...

damn.. there goes that hemisphere getting in the way again...