Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Selective memory? You wanna hear something about selective memory?

My lovely ex responded to my previous posts in his own blog, hence I will now do the same.
But first, let me commend him for actually writing this time, rather than posting more cutesy little videos. Secrets and Lies, he called his post. Yes, my secrets, his lies.

He's right, too, about my taking cheap shots. I was upset by his blog and by his determination to air our drity laundry — as I have already stated. But let's not forget who started this.

Anyhow... too late... so let's continue.

Birthdays. Yes. Think hard, my friend. The camera was in fact a Christmas present. Yes, a Christmas present, because Christmas happens to occur in front of other people, and you don't want them all to know what a heartless ass you can be. Oh, look, everybody got each other presents (Yes, I agree it's commercial crap.), but not Q, nope. Not Q. Oh, look, D got him a fucking mega-computer. What did he get her? Nothing? Oh, no, look; he got her a camera. How nice!

And how badly did I want that camera? Think about it a little more, my friend. YOU wanted that camera. I would go along with you while you were working and take photos for you. Great. Now you can exploit me for free labor, too. Nice present! And you wonder why I don't use it?!

YOU DUMPED ME THREE TIMES! It's not about victimization. I'm not looking for pity here. But if you think for a minute that this doesn't affect someone's comfort level within a relationship, you are very confused, my little friend. Yes, little! You could never commit. This was clear. You could never commit.

And yet, somehow, I am to blame.

Fine. I accept once more. Blame me if you like. I DO take responsibility. I ALWAYS take responsibility. For years I have shouldered the responsibility for this relationship. I'm just tired of shouldering ALL of it. That's all. For once, I'd like you to share some of the burden... accept your part in this whole fiasco... even if you can't accept me!

Fuck!


2 comments:

Sam Carr said...

Hey! God damn it! He called me crazy on his blog! What, did he think I would never dicover his blog?

And he has been eating my food. Falafel desn't just walk out of the door.

Dulcinea said...

Sam, relax. That's one of his many manipulation techniques. He tries to make you think you're crazy so that he can have the upper hand. It almost worked with me. He actually had me doubting myself.

But don't worry about it. He's actually a pretty terrific guy in ways -- as long as you don't mind cleaning the toilet, doing the grocery shopping, etc. etc. Give him some time. It has been a while since he's hada to do anything for himself.